Monday, March 21, 2011

Motorsports Ministries

This past weekend I attended the 12 Hours of Sebring in Sebring, Florida. This historic race pitted the best sportscar in the world. What a great time I had. But the highlight of the weekend was meeting some wonderful people who are involved in motorsports.

I attended the chapel service of Motorsports Ministries on Friday morning. Motorsports Ministries is "an organization conceived, developed and operated to provide for the spiritual and emotional needs of the people involved in professional and amateur automobile racing.

At the chapel service, I met Richard Anderson who is the executive director of MM. He shared from his heart about God's comfort in his life during this past few months as he has faced cancer. Rich is still facing surgery coming up in April. His message rang true because he is experiencing God's blessing day by day right now.


Also pictured above is Chris. Chris and I met at the service and she quickly became my guide and help to understanding the world of IMSA, International Motor Sports Association.

I'm sure God lead me to these people to open the world of American Le Mans Series racing to me.

Motorsports Ministries is working hard to be a beacon of help and support for the motorsports family.

I hope to meet Rich and Chris again and continue my relationship with Motorsports Ministries.

No comments: