Monday, August 2, 2010

Greg Biffle's Will to Win

Sunday's win by Greg Biffle at Pocono broke a 64 race winless streak for him. Biffle met the press after the race and spoke of his will to win. It was an emotional win for Biffle. His owner, Jack Roush, remains in Mayo hospital following a plane crash this week. The emotion of this past week certainly must have contributed to this will to win.

Biffle spoke of his will to win in a post-race press conference.

"I give 110% all the time, I never give up. No matter how grim the outcome can be, I'll still be digging no matter what. That's what I did today. I just kept after it in the racecar, took every advantage that I could get.
Later in the day, the car just really started going. These guys wanted me to slow down at the end. That's tough. I've been in that situation. Used to be in it quite a bit, being out front, five-second lead, slow down, take care of the car, take care of the fuel, take care of the engine, just back it down a little bit. That's hard to do inside the car."

So it was partly the great car and partly the will to win that pushed Biffle to Victory Lane. All I know is that it made for a great race.

No comments: